Monday, April 11, 2011

Little Big Planet...2


Yeah so you had to have known that this post was coming sooner or later, right? Well here it is, my humble opinion of Little Big Planet 1 and 2...

This game is AWESOME! Saw that coming? Yeah well bite me. :)

The first game was fun, so much fun that I still pop it in to play certain levels that are exclusive to that disc. My favorite level of all time? The Dangerous Descent. I could seriously play just that one level over and over for an hour without getting bored. Part of that might be that I'm really good at that level, but whatever. It's not like I was top 10 or anything, but I was proud of being in the top 600 for a minute or two.

Moving on, the second game is just incredible. The controls are all the same but with a few new toys thrown in for extra fun (I just love the grapple gun!). Story mode offers fun new levels with a creative and often funny story line. Backgrounds range from sweet and cute to dark and scary. Of course there's the bigger and better level creator. Honestly, I haven't even tried to start my own level...yet. I've had so much fun playing the Little Big Planet (1 and 2) Story Mode and the community levels, I haven't felt the need for anything else.

The best part about this series is that the gaming never ends. People are constantly creating and publishing amazing new levels for you to try. I honestly believe there's a level (or 100) for everyone. I've seen everything, classic sidescrolling games, retro arcade favorites, shooters, fighting...the only thing Little Big Planet lacks is limits. If you can dream it, you can certainly make it or find someone else that already has.

I love playing with others so being able to team up or against real people over the Playstation Network is great for me. It saves me from having to whine as much to my husband to get him to play with me.

In short, Little Big Planet is a must have for gamers of all levels. If you can't afford LBP2 (check your local Gamestop for a used copy to save a few bucks...that is if any one was dumb enough to part with their copy), pick up the first game.

1 comment: