Friday, February 18, 2011

Ramona and Beezus


Like many kids, I grew up reading Beverly Cleary books. I still enjoy books and movies geared for kids. When I saw the previews for Ramona and Beezus, I knew I'd be getting it through Netflix as soon as it came out.

It's funny how you can tell someone's age or preferences by how the list the cast.

John Corbett plays the father...see? I totally had a thing for him in Raising Helen and My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Joey King stars as Ramona and Selena Gomez as Beezus. I actually asked my younger cousin when I first saw Beezus, "She's from that Disney stuff, right?" Yes, I'm old. I'm just not fully ready to admit it...wait I just did.

Moving on...

Ramona and Beezus is a cute little movie about family. There's a few rough topics like unemployment, losing your home and a brief cameo from death. But for the most part, it is an upbeat comedy suitable for all ages. There's even a little romance for the teen crowd and us old people too.

It's definitely worth seeing, especially if you grew up with the books, have a special kid you'd like to share the movie with or just feel like watching a feel good movie.

Available on DVD.

1 comment:

  1. this is a very good and informative site I love your all content and had great time visiting your site.
    .thanks for this great information and keep posting good and informative content good luck : https://www.fdcmovies.com/

    ReplyDelete