Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Secret Life of the American Teenager...

This show is stupid. I admit it. But I love it and I can't help it.

I haven't been a teenager in a very long time and this show has more drama than a daytime soap. That said, I am completely, utterly addicted.

Honestly I think part of the draw is the fact that everyone else in my house H A T E S this show. It gives me a bit of alone time, all I have to do is switch it on and everyone runs.

The plot is simple. Sex. The end.

Amy is a 15 year old who during one night at band camp (cliche?) loses her virginity and finds herself pregnant just in time for her first year of High School. When school starts she finds out that her baby's daddy, Ricky, is a complete man whore. Amy then meets Ben, they fall in love...though I've doubted from the very start if Amy cared whatsoever for him. I think she just wants Ben to have someone to do everything for her.

There's a whole bunch of other characters and plot lines. The school slut, the jock, the geeky Asian couple, the side kick friends, the Christian virgin who is just as sex driven as the rest of the cast, and the parents who seem to not care what trouble their kids get into. I mean really? Who encourages their son to marry a girl who is pregnant with another kid's baby...in HIGH SCHOOL???

Yes, it's stupid. But it's entertaining. So there you have it, my guilty pleasure of the day.

Watch it on Netflix's Watch Instantly and DVD. Returns to ABC Family on March 28th.

1 comment: