Monday, June 25, 2012

Outlander Read-a-long Week 2






I am thoroughly enjoying Outlander and this read-a-long! Stalking the Bookshelves has provided us with questions for Chapters 8-14.


Here are my answers!


1.  Claire has been given the task of healer at the castle. She must adapt her nursing skills for the time and learn what herbs and etc will cure each particular ailment that is presented to her. Do you have any home remedies that were passed down to you (cure for a cold, bee sting or what have you)?  Nothing uncommon. My family prefers chicken and dumplings to chicken soup though!



2. What do you think would be the biggest challenge of living in the past? (Clothing, hygiene, food, etiquette or etc.) For me I think it would be emulating the language and behavior of the other women of that time. For example, Claire refers to boxing to Jamie and he has no idea what she's talking about. What surprises me, is how Frank got upset with Claire over her vulgar language but she has been able to control it well since stepping through time. 



3. Do you have a favorite character, scene or quote so far? If so, share it with us. Really? Jamie! Duh! I could care less about Frank. In fact, I think Claire should just forget about trying to find her way back to the stones and just enjoy Jamie. I would! Well then again, my husband is not dull like Frank. I'd return to my husband...but if I were Claire, I'd just make myself at home in Jamie's arms!



4. What did you think about the addition of the blood bond in the wedding ceremony? Is this something you would do with the one you love? My husband is important enough to me that I would, but I would not be happy about being sliced open, yow! 



5. Are you reading along closely with the scheduled chapters or are you ahead or behind? I am one chapter ahead, simply because I had to know what happened on their wedding night! Heehee. 
Visit Tangled Up in Blue for next week's questions and check back in with me next week to see what I have to say about chapters 15-21! 

1 comment:

  1. I've had this book for quite a while (a couple of the sequels as well), but I just never could get into it. I think it may be just a bit too "fantasy" for my tastes, but she's a good writer.

    ReplyDelete