Monday, July 2, 2012

Outlander Read-a-long Week 3


This week's questions were presented by Tangled Up in Blue for chapters 15-21.


1) We FINALLY get to the scene we've all been waiting for. You know what I'm talking about--yay sexytimes! What were your impressions? Was it what you were expecting? Or did you want more? 
I have to say, the honeymoon held the most romantic sex scenes I've ever read. Jamie's inexperience and willingness to please portrayed him as the sweetest, sexiest character I've encountered in my reading history. He's adorable.

2) I know that some readers thus far have been bothered by the fact of Claire being married to Frank but still being involved with Jamie, despite the different time periods. Does their time as newlyweds change anyone's opinion of that? If not, now what are you thinking of the situation?  
Honestly, I thought Frank was so dull that Jamie was a welcomed change. Granted, this isn't moral thinking on my part, but I was glad to be done with him. If it were me and my husband, I would be a bit more frantic to get back and wouldn't be so accepting of a new husband.

3) What did you think about the "waterhorse" that Claire saw? Why do you think Peter was so spooked? And what do you think this means for Claire? 
I'm wondering if he thought she was some kind of witch or something. 

4) If you were Claire and you were knowingly in the vicinity of the stones, would you have done the same thing she did?  
If I were Claire, I wouldn't have even bothered. I like Jamie much more than Frank. However, if it were me then yes I would have taken off for them.

5) What do you think about Captain Randall? How do you think the family resemblance between him and Frank affects Claire and particularly her relationship with Jamie? 
Randall is a devil of a man. I honestly think his resemblance to Frank is part of her attraction to Jamie. If she ever makes it back to Frank I would imagine it would be hard to trust him as easily because of his looks. 

Visit Into the Hall of Books for next week's questions and check back in with me next week to see what I have to say about chapters 22-28!

No comments:

Post a Comment