Sunday, July 22, 2012

Outlander Read-a-long Week 4

This week's questions were presented by Into the Hall of Books for chapters 22-28.


1. How do you feel about Claire disobeying Jamie and the resulting punishment he brings forth on her for this? Do you feel that Jamie's punishment was justified by the fact that everyone was put in danger by Claire's actions? Finally, did Jamie's vow with Claire's dagger do anything to sway your thoughts or change your mind on how you initially feel/felt about his punishment?  While I never, ever condone beating (even in the 1700's) Claire definitely deserved punishment. If only I could have delivered the blows myself! I was so angry at her for even considering going back when she had Jamie right there...this amazing man.  

2. Just for fun, what was your reaction to the suspicious black spot Claire spotted on the floor near the area where Jamie was sleeping? Did you have any theories to what it might have been before it was revealed to be a _____? No, I was too busy racing along to stop and ponder. 

3. With regard to the 'changeling' baby Claire and Geilie spotted in the wild - if it were you back then and you happened upon a changeling baby in the wild in a circumstance such as this, do you think you'd have reacted most like Claire or Geilie? Explain. I absolutely would have gone to the baby, especially if I had medical training like Claire, but even if I did not.

4. Share your thoughts on Geilie Duncan. Is there anything that surprised you about her story or were you suspicious of her from the beginning? I was mildly surprised about Geilie Duncan. I have to say the scene where she hypnotizes Claire was just creepy! I really wish Claire had had the opportunity to question her about the mark on her arm and her history.

5. Your thoughts on Jamie's LAST REASON for wanting to marry Claire - the one he had been so secretive about. GO! I had assumed it was something to do with money or an inheritance. His actual reason was much better! I just want to soak him up, he's so sweet.

Visit Logan E Turner for next week's questions and check back in with me next week to see what I have to say about chapters 29-35.

No comments:

Post a Comment